Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update


Things have been both busy and quiet. I've put the flyers out for the get together on Saturday. We'll see if there is any turn out. That is what I'm worried about the most, that no one shows up. I'm not sure what more I could have done besides: send out emails to VA groups; hand flyers to individuals; place ads in networking sites and in paper; hang flyers in the local campuses. I guess we'll have to wait and see.


I am looking forward to the summer festival I'm working at in June as medic. I hope to be able to talk with some of the land owners there about how they would feel about hosting a weekend event for veterans. I am both positive and apprehensive about the idea of applying my "Nature Idea," as a friend puts it, to the real world. It probably wouldn't be this summer, but perhaps next.

I need to go talk to some of the local co-op farms to see if it is possible to have a small group come out and help on a regular basis and see what programs Glen Helen and the Metroparks have. There is still a lot of research to do on a broad scale but I've decided to scale it back for the time being and try a smaller more local approach.

Adapt and overcome. Baby steps and all that.

Now to acquire a winning lotto ticket.

No comments: