Saturday, April 11, 2009

Contacts Made


Today I made contact with the Blue Star Mothers completely by chance. They loved the premise behind what I was doing and especially the local Vets4Vets group. I am still securing a location and a time for the meeting though. I do have the beginnings of a flyer going and will complete that tonight, minus the date and location of the meetings.

I have made arrangements to talk to someone about grants and the whatnot. Maybe by knowing what they want and are looking for in the way of requirements I can focus my research a little bit more. I have to try to remember I am not creating treatment plans but the environment. So instead of reading whatever I can about PTSD and soldiers and history, etc I need to focus on community development.

You can not heal other people, you can only heal yourself until your presence is healing.

No comments: