Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gathering information

So for now I am focusing on V4V as a small step to get me the experience needed to create Hearthstone as well as helping and networking with some absolutely amazing people. Most of the posts from here on may be mostly about V4V and my experiences with them for a while.

So I've broken it down and figured out I need to do the following:

Step 1 - Make contact with individuals; Raise seed money; Rind permanent location for meetings; Learn how to work the media

Step 2 - Organize social events; Start one on ones; Publicity; Banner??

Step 3 - Start group meetings; Fundraisers; Social events; Retreat

Step 4 - House Party Fundraiser (around election time??); Activities to keep momentum

Possible Networking Events

Air Force Marathon
Homecomings

Contacts to follow up on
AmVets
Operation HomeFront
Vet Affairs WSU
Sara Landess; Clark State University
Mary Childs; Sinclair

Need to go in person
VA Office OIF/OEF Clinic
Goodwill Services

I really need someone to teach me about press releases and working with the media as well as fundraising. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: